Sunday, November 16, 2008

Why bother?

So, we made it to church today (go us!). BUT, the whole time I was there, I don't think I got anything out of it. Why? You may ask...well for those of you that have kids, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. Especially if you have a baby that is still nursing. During Sacrament meeting, between telling the other kids to sit down and be quiet while chasing the baby I didn't get anything out of it at all. Yay for Primary, I just only hope that my kids are behaving themselves and listening like they should be! Sunday School seems like a joke to me, but that is just because I don't often get to go. That is the time when Cardon seems to think he needs to nurse, and then fights going to sleep. However, if he does manage to go to sleep, of course it's not long enough to last all the way thru Relief Society, so then AGAIN I have to chase and fight and keep his noises to a minimum. So, I feel like I come away with gaining nothing! BUT, the kids were in Primary and Kelley was singing a song they are starting to learn for the Christmas program, so not all is lost! It was very sweet, and knowing my children are learning and growing in the spirit is not a lost cause, so we continue to go!

Ok rant over! Thanks for reading! Hugs!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I hear ya...I think that all the time. I try to nurse Jonah during sacrament meeting because at least I can still hear what's going on through the speaker...unless someone else is in there, of course. But SS and RS are usually a bust...hopefully something is unconsciously sinking in! :)