Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just some random thoughts...

So as I'm sitting here watching a football game (I know, shocker), my mind is wandering back to some of the funny things my childern have said over the past little bit. The most recent being Kelley...Ryan had just come home from a field trip for school in which he did a lot of hiking. So naturally he was sweaty and wet. So he came home, took off his shirt and was cooling off. Well Kelley came into the bedroom and looked at daddy with a funny grin on her face and said, "Daddy, why do you have fur on your chest?" Ryan and I were just laughing, but the odd thing is, is that she has seen him with his shirt off before, so we don't know where the question came from.

Another, Kelleyism, as we have come to call them around here...we were out and about doing some errands and she had to go to the restroom. Well while we were in there, she decided she was going to give me an anatomy lesson...(fair warning here...this might offend some, but I hope not). She said "Mom, girls have "chinas" and boys don't." ! Haha! I didn't have the heart to correct her. I have no idea where she was learning about the body, but it made me laugh none the less.

And the last one that gets me everytime I think about it: Yes, it's Kelley again... Cardon (also known as C.J. around here) was about 2 months old. Ryan and I were in bedroom as was Kelley and CJ. Kelley was on the bed holding her baby brother. I see her put her ear to his mouth, like she is listening to him tell her something. She then looks up and says, " Mom, baby CJ thinks you're an idiot, BUT I don't think that at all!"

Oh that girl is definitely full of ideas, and she is not afraid to share them.

Also, some more random thoughts...

I'm soooo glad that gas prices are going down! I don't know what it looks like anywhere else wherever you all may live, but if they are going down there too, I'm sure you are glad as well!

I am sooo not looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving! Black Friday as it is called in the retail world. Luckily I don't have to be at work at 4am this year! So to those of you that are crazy enough to go shopping on that day...Happy Shopping!

Well I need to tend to a crying baby, so I guess that is it for now. Until next time. Hugs!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

This is one of my favorite parts of people's blogs! I LOVE hearing the cute things kids say! & sharing my own. :)